Steps to Prewriting
- Find examples of what you are supposed to writing.
- Eliminate topics that have been done to death.
- Gun Control
- Marijuana—medical or legalization
- Read, read, read science journals and magazines
- Eliminate non-credible sources
- Sources that generate revenue from advertising
- Sources that have gross conflicts of interest
- Sources that involve non-experts.
- Sources that are non-scientific
- Collecting Articles
- Thesis Statement
- Outline Example
- Body Paragraph #1
- Body Paragraph #2
- Body Paragraph #3
- Fill in your outline
- Use an informal writing style
- Say it before you write it
- Don't worry about the rules
- Read your paper outloud(DSpeech)
- Make sure it follows your outline and thesis
- Check for gaps in logic and evidence
- Read your paper outloud(DSpeech).
- Apply rules of grammar and usage.
- Fix typos and make sure it is properly formatted
Video on the Writing Process